My name is Victor Céspedes, AutoCAD Product Engineer for D-Tools, Inc. On November 14th at our annual DTU event, I had the opportunity to demo for our attendees a new Wire Label template which allows the SI user to import data into the Rhino 6000 printer. D-Tools recently established a new third party integration with Rhino Company. This partnership will benefit our customers that are in need of a way to label and keep their wiring jobs organized. Together, we faced the challenge of automating the process of setting up, importing, and printing data for wire labels using the Rhino 6000 Printer.
The Reporting Center from SI5 is a wonderful tool, which allows users to customize Reports and Wire Label Reports. I was assigned to build a custom wire label report which sets up the data to be imported into the Rhino Connect software, and then transfer it to the Rhino 6000 printer. Here are the steps (see the Excel Reports User Guide for full details):
· Open an excel spread sheet and then map the XML source file from D-Tools (XSD D-Tools file) which contains all the data fields from the D-Tools project (such as Model, componentID, etc…).
· Then the user must drag and drop any fields into the excel report.
· Next record a simple macro and immediately stop it.
· Then edit the VB script based on how you need to show the data on your labels
· Save and close the excel template
· Now from the SI Navigator switch to the reports tab, then open Reporting Center
· Create a new Excel Report and reference your excel template, it should be showing on your Reports List
By following theses steps you will be able to create as many Excel templates and reference them in the Reporting Center. To download a sample excel template and instructions to create an excel template click here.
I would be pleased to read any comments or ideas from SI users. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post or send me an e-mail to: email@example.com. I’m sure this is useful to those who would like to use Rhino 6000 printer.