As stated above, a user can save configurations from an existing project or a new project.
Saving a Configuration From and Existing Project
The following steps demonstrate saving a configuration from an existing project:
1) Open SI5 Navigator, Selects “Projects”.
2) Select “View Project Information”.
3) Navigate to the “Locations” or “Zones” tab.
4) Click the “Export Location/Zone Configuration” toolbar button.
5) Enter a “Name” for the configuration and click “OK”
6) Repeat for Zones on the Zones tab.
Saving a Configuration From a New Project
The steps for saving a configuration are effectively the same. With the following exceptions:
1) The user will launch the “New Project Wizard”
2) Add zones/locations to the project.
3) Pick up at step 4 above. Please note that a user will not be able to save a zone/location configuration unless one or more zones/locations exist in the project.
As stated above, a once a configuration has been saved, the user will be able to use this configuration when creating new projects or on an existing project that has no items in the bill of materials.
The steps for consuming a configuration in a project are as follows:
4) Open SI5 Navigator, Selects “Projects”.
5) Select “Create a new project”/”View Project Information”.
6) Step through the project wizard (or navigate to the proper tab).
a) On the Locations (or Location Types) Step:
i) Click the “Import Location Configuration” toolbar button.
ii) Select the configuration to use in the project. Please note that you can preview configurations. Also, locations and location types must be consumed together as the locations are tied to the defined types.
iii) Click “Import” to add the locations to your project.
b) On the Zones Step
i) Click the “Import Zone Configuration” toolbar button.
ii) Select the configuration to use in the project. Please note that you can preview configurations.
iii) Click “Import” to add the zones to your project.
When looking at existing configurations, users have the opportunity to do the following tasks:
7) Rename a configuration.
8) Deleting a configuration.
9) Adding configurations from an external file.
Location and Zone configurations are stored in XML documents. The configurations exposed through the UI are stored in the following files:
These files may be sent to other users (manual process). The users can then choose to replace their existing file or add the configurations contained in the file received.
The steps to add the configurations to your existing configurations are as follows:
10)Copy the new file to disk (anywhere except the locations listed above).
11)Click the “Add Configurations from File” toolbar button.
12)Browse to the received file.
Please note: The only file that can be selected for locations has the name “LocationConfigurations.xml” and zones; “ZoneConfigurations.xml”.
13)Click the “open” button once the file has been selected.
Please note: If the file is invalid (format or otherwise), the user will receive the following message: