Issue: When you attempt to import a client from Outlook you get the following message: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 has not been installed
Cause: Most likely, your Outlook 2007 install does not have .NET Programmability Support installed.
1. Open Add or Remove Programs and select Microsoft Office 2007
2. Click the [Change] button
3. Select Add or Remove Features and click [Continue]
4. Expand the Microsoft Office Outlook entry
5. You should see a red X next to “.NET Programmability Support”
6. Click the dropdown and select “Run from My Computer” and proceed the rest of wizard
Alternate Cause: If you are using Vista and installed Office 2007 with the UAC turned off, you must have the UAC turned off in order for this to work. That is not always a viable option as some programs, like QuickBooks, require that the UAC be turned on.
Alternate Fix: Uninstall Microsoft Office 2007 and reinstall with the UAC turned on.